This years Instrumental Music (Band) audition dates are TBD and TBD.
The school will contact you about the exact date and time of your audition.
The Center for Arts & Media provides an exciting opportunity for artistically talented high school students in Lee County. Once selected, students will become part of an artistic environment designed to develop their talents to the highest possible level while fostering an appreciation and love of the arts which will serve them well in the pursuit of the next step in their educational training and chosen careers.
Admission to the Center for Arts & Media program is by audition only. In addition to the Center for Arts & Media application, a zone school application must also be completed according to the published timeline if changing schools or if the student is new to the School District of Lee County. Should a student be accepted into the arts program following the audition, that student will be released from the school assigned by Student Assignment in order to attend the Center for Arts & Media. All students enrolling in the Center for Arts & Media must complete four semesters in the program to be considered for a waiver should they choose to leave the arts program. (School District of Lee County Administrative Regulation 1.63)
Each student will participate in a live audition to include the following:
Woodwind and Brass:
- 12 major scales and arpeggios, as many as known from memory. Students must use all-state articulations and demonstrate a consistent tempo and range of their instrument.
- A prepared solo or etude of choice with at least two contrasting sections that demonstrate lyrical and technical aspects.
- Sight-reading of a short selection presented at the audition
- 12 major scales and arpeggios, as many as known from memory, on a mallet instrument.
- A prepared exercise or etude on any mallet instrument.
- Drum rudiments on snare drum.
- Tuning the timpani on given pitches. (Students will be provided the initial pitch and will be asked to tune the drum accordingly.)
Learn more about student life at North by visiting our school website